Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wahoo! We're Gettin' Runnin' Water! $1894.62

We officially have enough money to put in running water at Rinconada Elementary!! Between money promised and what we've got actually in hand there's $1894.62

Thank you!

I'm telling the principal tomorrow! He will be so excited. I'm totally bringing my camera. (I didn't tell him much about how fundraising was progressing because I didn't want him to be very disappointed if it didn't work out.) Keep checking for photo updates :)

Thank you so very much to everyone who donated. There really are 300 families in Rinconada who are much better off for your generous help. We may even have $100 or so left over; if so, I'll be checking with the principal and PTA to see how they want to use the funds. I think it's likely that we can fix some broken desks and chairs, get uniforms for a couple of kids who don't have them, buy school supplies like copy paper, chalk, and markers, and maybe even get some computer accessories.

Special thanks to our most recent donors:

Philip Sansone
Ed Menghi
Robin Lazara
Wendy Bach
Jessica Hickok

No comments: