Monday, May 26, 2008

Good things are running

I'm still high on the 24 hour a day running water that's going into the elementary school. I just transferred all of the money from Paypal $1325.39 into my home bank account. I'm waiting for all the checks to clear and then I'm probably going to need to wire it to myself. I'm looking into just transferring it into my Peruvian bank account, but I'm not sure that's going to fly. My best bet might be to Western Union it to myself. Professor Niko and I have a materials shopping date set for the morning of the first Saturday in June!

We spent the weekend celebrating my dear friend Tessa's pending nuptials to Manuel, a kind doctor who she met on top of her mountain. She lives literally at the end of the highway. Peruvian doctors do a 1 year internship working in rural Peru after they finish medical school and Manuel was placed in a tiny town about a three hour walk up the mountain from where she lives. They met at her town's anniversary dance.

We threw them a little vegetarian soiree at a ceviche restaurant Saturday night. Then we went out dancing in true Peruvian style and rolled into our hostal at sunrise with reggaton beats pounding in our ears.

Happy Memorial Day in the US!

No comments: