Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Children, lots of children

I never thought of myself as a "kids person" and since I've joined Peace Corps I would say that about 70% of my work is with kids. This has been totally amazing for me. I mean I suppose it could have gone very, very badly for me as well as for the wee ones, but happily I think that we're all having fun and learning something. Among the things I am hopefully learning is: yell less. Opportunity knocks.

In the last week I went on a field trip to an archaeological site called Chosis and an ecological park in Sechura with 150 kids:



I helped 2 elementary schools organize Clean Community Marches to educate the town:



We did a Trash Pick-up at one of the elementary schools. (We will do another on Thursday!):



We also put on a movie series at the high school that included "March of the Penguins" and "An Inconvenient Truth". Finally, we finished the study on the per-capita production of trash of various types in Rinconada Llicuar by weight and volume, but the kids didn't participate in that. Whew. Nap time?

No comments: