Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chiclayo

Yesterday, I hopped on a bus and rode down to a city 3 hours south of Piura called Chiclayo. I came to say goodbye to a friend who decided to pack it in and go back to the states. I'm really going to miss her. It's hard when people leave here. It's scary to see Lauren head home because I hope that I can make it. I hope that I can really do this like I want to.

I'm certainly have a hard time sometimes, struggling with the depression that seems to ebb and flow though my life and just feeling isolated. On the other hand, the hand that holds me here, I I'm learning so much about relationships, myself, and last but not least about global economics and the mechanics of poverty.

I'm heading back to Rinconada Llicuar today. We're having the first meeting of the new health committee tomorrow morning and the goal is to get everyone on board for the solid waste project. The mayor seems committed with a budget but the catch is- it's one thing to say it and another to do it.

Wish Rinconada Llicuar recycling and a sanitary landfill, and wish Lauren safe home.

No comments: