Monday, March 19, 2007

Finito! Mural Madness


Working with kids is still new to me. I started painting a mural of the world map with 120 kiddos ages 8-12. It was way too many. I sort of knew it was too many people from the get go, but it's what the people who organized the summer camp wanted so I tried to go along with it. I didn't know that I needed yet another lesson on going with your instincts. :) I finally finished the mural of the world map- 8 weeks later with my super dedicated team of kids who happen to live across the street from the school, a mere 4 weeks after the camp ended. We had a little party on Friday and the kids got prizes for attendance and dedication. It was great fun. I was so proud!

It was sort of like giving birth to a painted wall. This is Edith, Jhon and Wilder who finally finished the map.

And this is everyone and their mother who came when they heard there was free soda at the inauguration party.

Warning: This is a paragraph full of me whining. Today I'm totally frustrated. I have realized that the laptop that I brought doesn't burn CD's. You might be wondering why I didn't notice this before. Well I'm sort of wondering it myself, but basically because I lent the laptop to the former boyfriend as I had a desktop back in the USA. Now backing up anything like my photos, is kind of rough. I decided to try to buy an external hard drive to fix the problem. Then my ¨No Hassle¨credit card wouldn't work and I was informed after 20 minutes of an international, theoretically but not actually toll free phone call that I would have to make such a phone call every month if I want to continue to use the card in Peru. GRRR. It is so annoying when menial tasks are a pain in the neck.

Off to plan an anti-tuberculosis March for Friday and the last touches for the health classes Tuesday and Wednesday. Kids, kids everywhere.

1 comment:

Mr. Teacher said...

You should feel proud! That was a major project. I'm proud of you.